February 13th saw the launch of THRIVE, a new affordable co-working space, where local residents from SE16 can work comfortably and develop their business idea. THRIVE (formally known as the Flaming Grill restaurant) was brought back into community use by British Land and has become a much-needed resource for local people. Whether you are running your own business or working from home, you can have access to affordable desks, meeting and training rooms or makers space. Thrive is a really spacious and well-lit workspace, ideal for creative people. Designers and makers can spread out and see their patterns come to life. It’s also set up for start up therapists looking for low-cost private space to provide treatments from.
At the heart of THRIVE is our determination to create a sense of community where local people can support each other on their different business journeys. There will be opportunities for networking and sharing skills and services. Leading up to the launch there has been fantastic support from residents and the local business community to get THRIVE off the ground. Local friends and families joined us for a “Paint Party”, donated equipment, furniture and of course volunteered their invaluable time to make Thrive an inviting space.
Thrive’s Paint Party
So, what’s on Offer?
We specialise in working with entrepreneurs from low income families from the SE16 area and Thrive provides low cost workspace for them and other residents. You can become a THRIVE member for as little as £25 per year. Your Membership will enable you to:
Use the meeting and desk space on a low-cost pay-as-you-go basis.
- Access to workspace bookings
- Free high-speed internet Wi-Fi access.
- Free use of THRIVE equipment
- Low cost printing, copying in colour or black and white, A4 paper, and free scanning.
- Peace of mind. THRIVE deals with all the issues that can slow a growing business down like: building insurance, electricity and water charges, security, and health and safety.
- Working alongside other entrepreneurs and small businesses, which can offer companionship and community, inspiration, and opportunities for networking sharing skills.
If you would like to find out more about THRIVE please contact out Thriving team:
Shaun Wilson: M: 07803097532 E: Shaun@treeshepherd.org.uk
Emma Carr: M: 07857394777 E: Emma@treeshepherd.org.uk
Sandra Ferguson: M: 07857386151 E: Sandra@treeshepherd.org.uk